- Metallic Reloading
- Handgun Bullets
- 44 Caliber (.429 - .430)
HORNADY 44c(.430)300gr HP/XTP BULLET HollowPt 50/BX
Designed for hunting, self-defense and law enforcement applications, the XTP® bullet demonstrates the kind of accuracy that led many competitive shooters to adopt it. Reliable performance makes the XTP® the most popular handgun bullet for both target shooters and hunters. But it's the stopping power of the XTP® bullet that has truly built its world-class reputation. From the onset, XTP® bullets were specifically designed to expand reliably at a wide range of handgun velocities to deliver deep penetration with every shot.
- CONTROLLED EXPANSION: Precise serrations divide the XTP® into symmetrical sections, strategically weakening the jacket and initiating controlled expansion even at low velocities.
- NO EXPOSED LEAD: The gilding metal jacket protects the nose of the bullet, so the hollow cavity functions properly on impact and ensures proper feeding in semi-automatics.
- SWAGED CORE: Total uniformity of core density ensures balanced expansion as well as in-flight stability.
- DRAWN GILDING METAL JACKET: Expansion is controlled by varying jacket thickness down the length of the XTP®, providing a definite advantage over plated bullets which have a uniform jacket thickness over the entire bullet.
- CANNELURE: On revolver bullets, the cannelure helps achieve accurate, consistent crimping. All cannelures are applied before the final forming process to eliminate any distortion to the finished bullet.
This is not loaded ammunition.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Read 4 Reviews - Average Rating: 5 stars
300 grain XTP
By Max D.
on Feb 17, 2020
This is an excellent hunting option. The 300gr XTP has much more inertia and thus, much more penetration than the lighter weight .430 offerings. I was testing this bullet against the 300gr Nosler and this bullet held together better and retained more weight in water jug testing than the Nosler bullet. Another reason for choosing this bullet over the Nosler hollow point is it's ease of loading without damaging the hollow point or meplat. I got between 30 and 36 inches of penetration in water with this bullet at velocitys between 1250 and 1450 FPS. Pushing this bullet out of a Henry rifle at 1400 FPS will deliver about 1300 ftlbs of energy. Very respectable deer hunting load.
By Stacey B.
on Oct 21, 2019
Great and productive product!
By Eric R.
on Mar 08, 2019
Another great product by Hornady. .
By Robert M.
on Oct 30, 2018
Great Rifle Bullet for the single shot CVA rifles.
Accurate and hard hitting
Was this page helpful?
Submit your own rating by logging in.